Skip to main content

Toolkit 2: Reflective Statement


Toolkit two has been an interesting project to work on, I found the time spent on the project to be enjoyable to an extent in particular when things were going smoothly and no crashes occurred with the software. The main things I enjoyed the most about the project was the learning aspect I feel like I have learned a lot about character modeling and rigging. Even though I have finished Jetpack Johns I would not feel comfortable with modeling and rigging a full character on my own without the tutorials. But with that said I feel with a bit more practice and repetition of doing the same thing to my premise characters I can confidently say that I will be ready to attempt a model of my own without any help from the tutorials. I would not expect, said model to be perfect but it will be a stepping stone to allowing me to be independent in the future. 

On the other hand, one other thing that I really didn't think I will enjoy was the Mudbox exercises, but after completing them I feel like I would like to try and learn Mudbox further and even look into ZBrush and how the two software's differ. This has also made me want to try physical sculpting as a way of learning how to make my own figures and the differences between 3D and real-life sculpting. 

The main area of improvement in toolkit two would be my animation skills, I would like to further improve this and understand how to better translate character emotions into a 3D model. I still feel that there is a lot of improvements that can be made in this area and I hope to improve with this during the summer and when I animate my own character in year three. Overall I feel like toolkit two has been a success for me and that I have learned a lot of things about Maya, Mudbox, and animating. With more practice, I feel I can become more proficient at the skills taught to me in this project and understand how to apply them on other projects in the future 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog