Skip to main content

Premise: Refleective Statement

Going into this project I was really excited about getting started mainly because I got to develop an idea of my own and see it progress and become something. I would not say it was easy to do this and throughout the project I found myself learning about things I did not know how to do. When I first started developing my idea and the story that was to come, it was just a shell compared to now. I know I still have a long way to go before my idea is finalised. But I think that what I have learned through this project has helped me develop an understanding of how to go about story building. 

I have learned now that adding onto an idea is not always something you should do, and that understanding what you have initially and developing it further can be just as good. this project has helped me build a better understanding of how a story can function and what a story can be. At the start, I would have added more onto my idea but now I realise that even what I have can be just as good. 

The project has not only helped me understand how to story build but also how to go about storyboards and animatics. I would say before this project I had a basic understanding of how to create a storyboard but after help and looking at the books recommended by Alan, I can now confidently say that I can make a storyboard that I am happy with. I still have a long way to go in terms of refinding my own storyboard but I am now confident in saying that I am capable of doing it more then I was before this project. 

The same can be said about my animatic skills, for a first attempt my animatic can use a lot of improvements, but overall I think that after a lot of research and looking at other animatics I can say with confidence that if I put in the time over the summer I can create an animatic that is just as good. If someone asked me what this project has thought me, it would be that with practice anyone can get better. This can be seen in my character designs for this project, at the start if someone asked me are they good I would have said no. But now that we are at the end of this project I can happily say that they are ok but with more practice, I can get better. 

Overall I would say that this project has helped me understand my ability of what I can do if I put my mind to it. I think that in the last two weeks coming up to the deadline I have learned that if I managed my time better at the start of the project I would have been able to do twice as much work. At the same time, these same words have been said before by me in other projects "if I manage my time better". But unlike another project, I think that what this project has shown me most of all is that I can do it. unlike other projects where I felt that even with better time management I would not have been happy with the results. Going forwards I would say that the key things I would keep from this project are that I can do it but I need to be willing to put in the time and effort to do so. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog