Skip to main content

Major Reflective Statement

Although the desired outcome of my major project was not as planned, I felt like it was also one of my most successful projects yet. It showed me where my weaknesses lie and also made me want to explore more of what I wanted to do when uni was over. I would not say the project was the best it could have been but this was due to my weaknesses that stemmed from other projects before it. 

One of these weaknesses stemmed from the original Premise project, I felt that this was because of a lack of knowledge when it came to storytelling and how to go about creating an intricate piece of, story.
During this project, the pressure I felt from not having an artistic background would at times leave me not working and avoiding it completely. I feel like the decisions I made back then are what shaped my major project into the unfinished piece it is now. Due to this at times, during my major project, I felt that I wanted to go back and start from scratch and redo my project. With the knowledge, I had accumulated over the year. 

Although the majority of my project's weaknesses were due to my own lack of work ethic at the start of the premise. I felt that a lack of teaching in certain areas of the course is also a contributor to these weaknesses. I feel like certain areas of the course left me with knowledge gaps that I would have liked to know going into a project-like premise. I feel like as the course became more Maya-centric this became more apparent as I could see myself feeling more confident at the work I was doing. This shows with projects such as Minor and Major where the majority of the projects were focused on 3D work such as rigging and Modeling. I felt more confident and capable of doing this due to the vast resources available to us when it came to Maya and the teaching that was done prior to this.  For animation and story-driven projects such as Premise, Minor, and Major I felt that there was a knowledge gap that needed to be filled in, in order to accomplish them successfully. I felt at times that I was lacking the cinematography or animation skills needed to accomplish a successful animation. This is what led me at times to drift off and avoid doing work or finding myself trying to search for information.

However, these are only personal feelings that I have had during these projects and I understand that not everything can be taught to us as time is a limited resource. Even with this in mind, I think this has taught me to be more independent over time, and in the long run has helped me improve myself. I feel that this can be seen throughout the three Projects as I grow more independent and started finding solutions for problems I was having during Major. With all of these feelings and weaknesses aside I feel that the Major project has helped me develop a better work ethic and also develop my independence away from uni teaching. Giving me an idea of what I would like to do after uni and an urge to learn more on my own.

Major felt like the most successful project regardless of its finished state across all free project because it taught me the most about what I wanted to do and showed me that even with my insecurity in mind such as my art background I can still create something that I am proud of I felt like my dolls house was the most finished project up to date across all years and that if I had gone back and done it with the knowledge I have gained I could do it quicker and better Regardless of my mistakes in the past and what I could have done better I hope moving forwards I keep this lessens and add onto them with once I learn in the future. Now that uni is over and I am looking forwards to the next thing I will do using the knowledge I have gained. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog